Captcha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Recently when I’ve tried to log into our church website, I’ve occasionally been asked to complete a simple addition sum. Sometimes, however, in my haste to get into the website, I’ve clicked <Return> without putting in an answer to the sum. The odd thing is that it still lets me into the site……..

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

That’s Jetpack trying to protect you; if there’s been lots of failed logins, it will automatically add the captcha for a while.

Why it’s letting you in without the number, though, I don’t know. I just tried it and it worked for me too, is a bit odd.

First line of defence is to do all your updates. If it’s still doing it after that and you’re concerned, you could put a different plugin on to do the same job – there are several out there.

But I probably wouldn’t worry if it was my site…maybe I’m just being a bit too laid back, I don’t know!!

Hope that helps. Please let us know how you get on.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Thanks Rebecca. Trying to login to this site just now, I had to go through a different type of captcha. Firstly, I had to identify commercial lorries, then pies, then pizzas………..the mind boggles 🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

The mind does indeed boggle…
    But…did you succeed in logging in eventually?!

And have you resolved the captcha problem?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Yes thanks. Can also get into our site from all media sources.

Merry Christmas!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Excellent!

Thank you – hope you had a good Christmas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.