Using the iChurch4 live preview

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I should know this from the iChurch3 course – please remind me! If I work on a Live Preview and activate it to save it, can I change content as well as theme options and still get back to the current site or will the new content have changed? I think I remember that pages shouldn’t be changed.

By the way Rebecca, I still can’t see all of your messages on this forum (right hand side is missing) but everyone else’s messages are OK. If I copy yours and paste into Word I get the full message in all its glory!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Ann,

Yes, please use the live preview only to change theme options, that’s what it’s designed for. It is very strange about my messages wandering off on their own. Does anyone else at all have this problem?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Your messages display OK – but what exactly is the strange hieroglyphs beneath your text. Some mysterious subliminal message?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Ah, I just like it ‘cos it looks like the Matrix code. I think the Matrix Trilogy is the most important set of films today: they are a manifesto for an age of constructive Postmodernism (in reaction against the Modernist Deconstruction and PostStructuralism eras)…… If you come on Webmasters’ Weekend we’re planning to show at least one of them and to talk about it if anyone’s interested, so you’d probably catch me in full-on Matrix geekgirl mode then!!! So, kind of yes, a subliminal message…it says: “go into the world; be human; care”. Sort of…!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Here’s a good place to start for all things Matrix-geeky: http://thematrix101.com/contrib/

(Off topic? Moi?!!)

🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca
    Like Ann I can’t see your messages at the right hand side of the page either. What gems we must be missing??

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hmmm. You’ve proved it’s not just Ann, anyway Carole. Very weird.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Fine on PC/Chrome
    AndyG

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Yes you are right Andy thanks. Chrome is fine, I shall change over.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

The bizarre thing is that I don’t write it in Chrome – Safari is my default browser for everything but website-building (which I do in Firefox). Although I am learning that a lot of developers tend to develop in Chrome, so that’s often the way to access the full experience.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Safari gives the full width of Rebecca’s posts as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.